Wednesday, August 14, 2013

HOME TOUR: GUEST ROOM

I just loved our guest room.  Yes, past tense.  It has been dismantled to make room for baby.  But I didn't want to miss out on saving some pictures of it.  While it was far from perfect and not ever quite finished (is a room ever finished?), I loved that it was a cozy spot and most of all, I loved that we welcomed so many friends and family to stay there.  Without further ado:


The double windows in this room look out over our wisteria-covered pergola.  The view out the window in the spring and summer is just a sea of green!  The bed is a hand-me-down from my generous in-laws.  I absolutely love it.  It is substantial wrought metal and distressed so beautifully in bronze and copper tones.  I'm hoping I have a guest room again soon to use it in!  The night tables were my husband's during his bachelor days.


The carved armoire was a lucky find at Lakewood Antique Market (remember when!) on a fun date with my future husband :).  It'll move to LittleBit's big girl room.  The chairs are from Ballard Designs and the egg and nest prints were purchased at Scott Antique Market with off the shelf frames and custom mats (a favorite trick). 
 
 

The bedding is from Pottery Barn and includes the Grand Embroidered Duvet and Standard Shams, the Matine Toile Quilt and Euro Shams and two blue velvet standard shams that were in my condo bedroom ages ago.  I think from Linens N Things?  The sheets are the Pottery Barn Pearl Embroidered collection.


The curtains were moved from my condo bedroom and are a blackout-lined slate gray silk.  The curtain rods are Umbra, from Target, with rings from Restoration Hardware.


The bathroom is painted in Sherwin Williams Relaxed Khaki.  The same collection of egg and nest prints from Scotts hang there.  Soap dispenser from good old Target.  The bath mat was a HomeGoods score.  And the shower curtain is panels that I found on markdown at Cost Plus World Market.  Hand towels are antique monogrammed linens.  



 And here is the room today, getting ready for baby. 


You can see a sneak peak of the SW Angora paint by the newly painted BM Ashley Gray door and the big white square might be the best home improvement yet - new sheetrock over the old non-working intercom panel.  Those things were terrible looking.  One day I'll get the nerve to post a pic of the main controls in the kitchen.  And our house just isn't that big!  Who needs an intercom??

I think this will make a cozy spot for our tiniest princess.  Although I'll miss welcoming guests into our home, I'm excited about seeing our family grow!

2 comments:

  1. When you go to Chicago to visit, you may find that the bad times are so bad, it feels like heaven on earth. Source for more about vinyl window dealer of chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double glaze doors are one of the latest innovations in home security and have the added bonus of being energy efficient. Double glazing means triple-glazed doors offer 40% greater energy efficiency than single-glazed. You are curious to know more about double glazing repairs, visit here.

    ReplyDelete