Friday, August 2, 2013

NURSERY PLANS

The pregnancy "nesting" itch is no joke.  I feel like it's starting sooner this time around - or maybe that's just because I know I have another little princess on the way (and little girls are SO terribly easy to buy...and buy...and buy for) and we do NOT have a move on the horizon.  With Littlebit, her gender was a birthday surprise and we moved from Augusta to Atlanta a swift SIX weeks after she was born.  There was no way and no reason to totally deck out her nursery.  No hesitation this time around!  Luckily, I still absolutely love the items I so carefully chose for her nursery and I'm planning to reuse almost everything for Baby's nursery.

Enough chatter - here are my tentative plans for Baby's nursery:

PAINT
After a ridiculously over-exhaustive search, I've decided on Sherwin Williams Angora (6036).  We purchased a gallon, so the deal is done.  There's a huge swatch on the wall and I've gone to examine it no less than a thousand times in every possible lighting situation.  Trim will be Benjamin Moore White Dove, doors Benjamin Moore Ashley Gray and not quite sure about ceiling yet.  Any suggestions?  Considering Angora at 25%.





FURNITURE
Reusing Littlebit's walnut jenny lind crib, changing table, desk, mirror, gate-leg table and rocking chairs.

BEDDING
Reusing Littlebit's buffalo check bumpers (with stripe piping and ties), adjustable crib skirt, and crib sheets

WINDOWS
Hmmm...I'm either going to sew up something like these from RH Baby and Child, or keep the blue-gray silk in there. 



We have four linen panels that could be repurposed into the RH design.  The blue gray silk were done at the start of my still-amateur sewing career and are not meant to be viewed up close - ha.  They were made from Lewis & Sheron remnants, so they're weird widths.  Not sure they'll work.  But they are blackout lined.  Not sure how I would control the light situation with the linen ones.  Maybe roman shades that coordinate?  Too fussy?  Another option would be to use the Ikea Berta Ruta check fabric and sew some blackout lined curtains.  Not sure if I'd realistically keep those for a big girl room though.   

WALLS
I need art for above the changing table, between the windows and I'm considering something above the crib.  Between the windows I'm thinking of buying some sort of carved wall medallion, about 48x48in.  Saw one on Joss and Main and didn't pull the trigger.  Shoot.  We have some old shutters in the basement and I'm thinking maybe those could be distressed for behind the crib - or maybe behind Littlebit's bed? 


spaces design

Have no idea about above the changing table.  Here I come, Etsy...

BATHROOM
I'll sew a roman shade for the window, and maybe a shower curtain too. Waiting til I make a curtain decision.  I'll use the same fabrics.  Will pick up a new bath mat.  Need artwork - in love with this from RH.  Wonder if this is too big of a DIY to take on?



Purchased the entire Seal Harbor hardware collection for Baby and LittleBit's bath in polished nickel. 




Considering painting the vanity in Ashley Gray too.

Whew.  Just a little bit of a to do list!  Starts this weekend - wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment