Monday, August 12, 2013

SHOPPING LIST: BABY BRADY

We made a deliberate effort to limit the number of "baby" things we brought into our house for LittleBit.  However, babies seem to come with a mountain of gear nonetheless.  We've been thrilled with our well-researched purchases.  We are lucky that Baby Brady on the way will be born in the same season and LittleBit has outgrown most of her baby things, so nearly everything will be reused.  My shopping list this time around is just as simple, but shorter and sweeter.  Her Daddy is glad!  Here's what I'm thinking:

GETTING AROUND

Ergo Baby Carrier - we didn't get a carrier for LittleBit and didn't ever miss it.  I've heard rave reviews for the Ergo, so I think that's where we're headed.  I have a never-used MobyWrap that was gifted to LittleBit and I and this time around, we are determined to work the wrap!


Bugaboo Wheeled Board - LittleBit doesn't like to be in the Bugaboo one bit.  It usually means we're headed to the mall and she's not a fan of being locked down during the shopping trip.  I don't blame her!  I think it'll be a few months before I venture out with the two princesses together and by then, I think LittleBit will be thrilled with this and better able to understand that she has to hold on!  We'll see how that goes...
Bob Duallie - if I'm going to do any sort of walking or running, I think I need one of these.  Lord help me.  I have no idea where we will put it.  I guess it will be sitting in the garage with the rest of the strollers.


Prince Lionheart Seat Saver - not sure my leather seats will ever be the same, but it looks like we'll need another one of these.

 
AROUND THE HOUSE

Sleep Sheep - I think I'll invest in another Sleep Sheep.  LittleBit loves hers and I imagine she'll continue to use it for the near future.  

High Chair - We used a beautiful vintage wooden one for LittleBit that was generously lent to us by her Aunt and Uncle.  After an unfortunate accident with the heavy wooden tray and my previously lovely toe, we returned that and we're thinking of this one for when Baby gets a little bigger.


Diapers - Loyal to the Pampers Sensitive diapers.  Will obviously need a ton of these. 

Monitor - our Motorola has died a most annoying death and we weren't too pumped about investing another couple hundred dollars in any of the monitors on the market.  We ordered a DropCam and love it so far.  We will be ordering another for Baby. 


Car Seat Toy - just saw this and thought it was precious.  We've loved all our Haba toys.  Would love to have one!


Snuggly Outfits - I've discovered the hard way that spit up stains never die.  Twice now, I've stain treated dozens of baby outfits and put them away clean and twice now I've pulled them out of storage to find that the stains have resurfaced.  Baby will need some fresh new gowns and sleep and plays.  After that, she'll have a more than sufficient wardrobe of hand-me-downs, thanks to Grandma and Gigi. 

That should do it.  We're more than halfway there now.  Can't wait to see what she looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment